Friday, February 6, 2009

Made it through the first week!

I've officially ended my first week back at work and am ready for a nap, but I thought I would post a review of the week before it passes into the place of procrastination.

Highlights (like the blonde in my hair):
  • Being back w/ my friends
  • Working on a really exciting new project
  • Verbal abuse coming from some of the guys I work with (why have I always responded better to verbal abuse than niceties???)
  • Giving back some of the verbal abuse
  • Feeling like I'm normal again
  • Having friends watch out for me: OK, I thought this would really annoy me and make me feel uncomfortable, but it hasn't. I guess when you've been to the point that you can't bathe yourself (don't worry, I bathe daily now lol), you begin to understand that we're all destructable. The help of a friend is a gift rather than something that should make you uncomfortable.
Low-lights:
  • Fatigue, especially after about noon
  • Headaches (but they didn't start until late Wednesday)
  • Webconferences from the phone: I realized today that it's really tough for me to be on teleconferences w/ a lot of folks on the other line. I was supposed to have a 3-hour meeting but cut out after 90 minutes because my head couldn't take any more. This has been my first sad moment this week, so I think that's a triumph.
  • My rear: How is it that tissue can develop into this soft ever-expansive material that takes up twice as much real estate??? I've worked hard not to gain a pound through the last few months of sofa-camping but have somehow ended up w/ a rear end that that I can see by glancing over my left shoulder. If it weighs the same, shouldn't it look the same??? Ugg. And why is it that it takes so long to build a muscle but only either 26.3 minutes of laziness or one scoop of Chubby Hubby (Ben and Jerry's) ice cream for it to begin to soften and buldge. Life isn't fair. Oh well, as my close friend Reneae says so eloquently, "A fair's where pigs get ribbons. Get over it." I'll get over it as soon as I can do something about it. :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

congrats on getting through your first week! that's a great accomplishment. as for your rear...i'm certain it has NOT expanded!!!