Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm BACK!

Today was my first day back in the office and it was FANTASTIC!

Let's see...

1.  Our group moved offices while I was out, so my friend Aileen helped me pack up my office first thing this morning.  (Thanks, A!)
2.  I reported to Employee Health Services to prove that I'm fit to work.  The nurse asked if I can do everything required by my job.  I immediately said "yes" but thought, "Are you kidding me?  I haven't been capable of doing everything required by my job in years!"  If I were, I wouldn't like it. lol
3.  I ran into my previous Director, who made some joke about me being an air-head.  I called him a name that I won't repeat here.
4.  I saw my Vice President who told me he'd fire me if I worked more than a half day, but I question that he has the authority to fire me (and hope that he doesn't read this!).  You see, I still suffer from some effects of the surgery.  That puts me in a protected class of workers.  Honestly, I think I could dance naked through the halls singing "I'm Henry the 8th I am" and no one could do anything about it.  :)  (I don't plan to test this hypothesis.)
5.  I started acquainting myself to the new office space.  We're now "mobile workers" which means that we don't have designated desks.  We have lockers for our belongings and can work from nearly anywhere because of blackberries, wireless access, and telephony (a virtual phone that's loaded on your computer instead of residing on a desk).  The mobile office space (where most of us choose to work) is beautiful.  There are so many desk options: some without walls, some w/ small cubicles, tables, small enclaves, etc.  It's beautiful!!!  I don't need much privacy, so it's perfect.
6.  I reconnected with friends.  This was the best part of my day.  It was wonderful to see and speak w/ so many people again.  I missed them!  
7.  I left at 1:30 but really wanted to stay longer.  Even though I don't think our VP could fire me right now, I'm smart enough to know that he could definitely make my life miserable if he really wanted to do so.  :)
8.  I got home at 2:30, so happy.  I'm exhausted and ready for a nap.

L8r G8rs!
-sly

1 comment:

Todd said...

To be fair, I didn't call you an airhead! I asked if you stopped hearing voices! :)