Saturday, June 27, 2009

I have a puppy!

As I sat down to think about a topic for this blog, my new puppy, Benny, was showering me with kisses.  (I know, some of you think that is disgusting.  Your loss.)  Several ideas were going through my head, when Mark walked by and said, "Benny makes me smile."  There it was.

Mark didn't want a puppy.  He really didn't want a puppy.  I asked perhaps 100 times over a period of a year and every time the answer was some form of, "We don't need a dog."  Unfortunately, we agreed early in our marriage that pets were not surprises and required complete agreement.  I was stuck.  My only option was to continue asking.  

Most of you who know me well know that I can be persistent and persuasive when something's really important to me.  And Mark loves me a lot.  A couple of weeks ago, the combination of those two traits led to us looking at puppies.  Looking quickly turned into falling in love with Benny, a mix between a Shitzu and a Maltese.  He's adorable!!!!!  And even better, he looks like the little dog I had as a girl (Rocky).  

Mark was right.  We didn't need a dog.  He makes messes on the floor.  He chews up stuff that gets left laying around.  He is going through that puppy biting stage.  We have to know where he is every minute.  But, we're all madly in love with him and he's worth every minute of it.  

I guess that Benny proves that the best logic and reason in the world may prove to be true, but it isn't always what is best.  

1 comment:

Mariandy said...

Dog love . . . nothing quite like it! Once you get it, you never want to give it up! Welcome to the club! :-)