Friday, January 30, 2009

3 More Days

I return to work Monday!

This was supposed to be the week to build stamina so that I'd be ready to take on my daily trips to Indy and a good schedule at work.  However, two things have interfered with that plan.  First, my wonderful Morgan decided to share her cold with me.  Dr. Ostrowski warned that colds will throw me for a loop for a while because they'll exaggerate the balance difficulties.  He was right.  I've definitely had more difficulty with balance and even took a hard fall Wednesday night.  Ouch.  The second disruption was the weather.  I'd planned to go to the gym some and walk longer distances; however, the foot of snow has held me hostage most of that time.  Oh well, best made plans and all, right??

Yesterday, Mark had a snow day and I talked him into driving me to the Bloomington Mall so that I could prove my stamina.  Unfortunately, I lasted less than two hours.  I blame the cold.  Today should be better.  I've been using Zicam religiously and it has proven effective to shorten the life of this one.  I should be back to abnormal in no time.  :)

Please pray for strength and patience in the coming weeks.  I want to jump back into my old schedule without a hick-up, though I know this is unrealistic.  My two biggest struggles continue to be riding in a car and getting ready in the morning.  Unless I want to walk the 55 miles to work looking like a troll, both are required.  

Despite the frustration about energy, I'm really excited to return to work.  It's another big step in getting back to my normal abnormal life!

No comments: