Friday, November 19, 2010

Two year anniversary

It's hard to believe that it was nearly 2 years ago that we left for Johns Hopkins. It's difficult to believe because it frequently feels like a lifetime ago and frequently feels like yesterday.

It feels like a lifetime ago because we have come so far. God has blessed me with a restored life filled with health. I do wish there were a way to articulate the depth of gratitude I have for that gift.

It feels like yesterday because my body, or more appropriately, my noggin has boundaries that it didn't once have, boundaries of stamina that are frustrating but are nothing compared to where I could be or where I was.

Today, I'm thankful for our scientists....scientists who spend their lives searching for medical answers and who will not stop until they find them.

No comments: